Kajabi empowers entrepreneurs, experts and influencers who are serious about their business to achieve success online. With its robust set of continuously expanding tools and features, Kajabi’s all-in-one platform leads the industry. Kajabi has helped users in 120 countries serve 41 million students to make over 1 billion dollars in sales. Kajabi brings the heart to the tech and encourages online business owners to make a difference. Based in Irvine, California, Kajabi was founded by Kenny Rueter in 2010. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Director of Consumer Insights
The Director of Customer Insights at Kajabi has the ability to transform insights into innovation! You will be a thought partner to Marketing and Product, leading the charge on uncovering consumer behavior insights, market trends, pulse checks on how we’re progressing in the hearts and minds of our consumer, and much more.. You will partner with these teams to take insights and turn them into actionable recommendations and next steps to effectively manage and grow their business. You will also leverage cross-functional teams to develop and land solutions that meet their needs at scale. You are a creative who is fascinated by data, analytics, and consumer behavior. The Director of Consumer Insights will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
The Impact you will make
- Grounding the Marketing function campaigns and outputs in data, research and insights directly from our customer, industry, etc.
- Responsible for designing and executing consumer and market research to identify emerging consumer behaviors, wants and needs; new consumer segments (now, next and future); market trends (micro, macro and mega), and analyzing competitive activity
- Leading, executing, and sharing a steady stream of insight-driven projects and studies, including communicating insights and research findings (in reports, presentations, online platforms, etc.) with internal stakeholders
- Lead buy vs. build decisions related to CRM tools and capabilities including evaluating, onboarding, and integrating with new vendors and technology that simplify and speed up processes while increasing campaign effectiveness
- Devise and implement a testing program to enable experimentation aimed at increasing the effectiveness of Marketing efforts as we continuously launch and learn
- Assist departments outside of marketing with consultative problem solving; utilize a hypothesis-driven approach to systematically assess business drivers
Attributes for Success
- Self-Starter – ability to execute and implement change
- Passion – for Kajabi’s mission
- Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships cross-functionally within the larger organization.
- Ability to drive consensus with data and a "test and learn" based approach.
- Ability to interpret data, draw conclusions and formulate recommendations.
- Professional – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident; Able to operate independently of a large staff
Bonus if you have
- Bachelor's Degree required - preferably in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science; Advanced Degree a plus.
- 8+ years of experience developing analytics and consumer insight frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience with SAS, SQL, SPSS and similar tools and statistical software.
- Experience building predictive models, clustering analysis and other ad hoc consumer analysis to drive customer vision
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Fully paid health insurance and dental insurance for self and family.
- Fitness Incentives Package
- Company 401k matching up to federal maximum
- Company Funded Headspace Account
- Company Funded Audible Account
- Funded HSA account
- Duck Dining (office food, beverages, and the ability to request items) - Priceless
- Casual Dress
Educational opportunities will be offered for the Director of Consumer Insights at the discretion of the CMO, and could include participating in a mentorship program, training to further specific career goals, books or digital content to supplement education, and attendance at conferences areas of interest and impact for Kajabi’s overall goals and your desired career goals.
The Director of Consumer Insights will meet weekly with the Chief Marketing Officer to catch up and discuss their role. The goal of these meetings is to identify areas where the company and individuals can improve, what areas they’re needing more guidance on, and where the Kajabi leadership team can lend time or resources to help meet goals. It’s also a time to discuss specific expectations and discuss any areas of concern you may have about your job or your team.
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.