Kajabi empowers entrepreneurs, experts and influencers who are serious about their business to achieve success online. With its robust set of continuously expanding tools and features, Kajabi’s all-in-one platform leads the industry. Kajabi has helped users in 120 countries serve 41 million students to make over 1 billion dollars in sales. Kajabi brings the heart to the tech and encourages online business owners to make a difference. Based in Irvine, California, Kajabi was founded by Kenny Rueter in 2010. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager role is responsible for fulfilling all internal public relations needs. The Public Relations Manager is tasked with creating and maintaining a favorable public image for Kajabi by communicating programs, accomplishments and/or points of view.
The Impact you will make
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications to prioritize, strategize, and execute public relations campaigns and initiatives
- Develop and maintain strong traditional and online media relationships, pitch sophisticated ideas, and be responsible for developing creative written materials (e.g., press releases, media pitches, key message documents, media briefs, public relations plans, etc.) that are in line with Kajabi’s overall objectives and reflect an understanding of the industry landscape
- Review and assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject Kajabi into current news cycles, drive story idea development, and work closely with media to shape and control communications that are in line with Kajabi’s objectives
- Work with cross-functional teams (e.g., Product, Marketing, Sales, etc.) to develop and maintain media assets for various PR initiatives
- Manage online media center and assist in vetting incoming press inquiries
- Assist Director of Communications in defining priorities for external agency partner(s), execute campaign initiatives, and manage deliverables
- Devise and execute communications strategies and campaigns to support the company’s strategic objectives and brand goals
Attributes for Success
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change
- Passion for Kajabi’s mission
- Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical
- Goal-oriented - naturally motivated to reach goals
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills - an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives; Excellent consulting skills as well as technical writing and public speaking
- Professional - provide a good balance of risk-taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident; Able to operate independently of a large staff
Bonus, If You Have:
- Existing relationships with tech and consumer media outlets
- Familiarity with a SaaS environment as it relates to PR
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Fully paid health insurance and dental insurance for self and family.
- Fitness Incentives Package
- Company 401k matching up to federal maximum
- Company Funded Headspace Account
- Company Funded Audible Account
- Funded HSA account
- Duck Dining (office food, beverages, and the ability to request items) - Priceless
- Casual Dress
Educational opportunities will be offered for the Public Relations Manager at the discretion of the Direct Manager/CEO/President, and could include participating in a mentorship program, training to further specific career goals, books or digital content to supplement education, and attendance at conferences areas of interest and impact for Kajabi’s overall goals and your desired career goals.
The Public Relations Manager will meet weekly with the Director of Communications to catch up and discuss their role. The goal of these meetings is to identify areas where the company and individuals can improve, what areas they’re needing more guidance on, and where the Kajabi leadership team can lend time or resources to help meet goals. It’s also a time to discuss specific expectations and discuss any areas of concern you may have about your job or your team.
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.