Kajabi empowers entrepreneurs, experts, and influencers who are serious about their business to achieve success online. With its robust set of continuously expanding tools and features, Kajabi’s all-in-one platform leads the industry. Kajabi has helped users in 120 countries serve 41 million students to make over 1 billion dollars in sales. Kajabi brings the heart to the tech and encourages online business owners to make a difference. Based in Irvine, California, Kajabi was founded by Kenny Rueter in 2010. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Security & Compliance Engineer
The Security & Compliance Engineer is tasked with primary or shared responsibility for the management of the security & compliance of product and internal technology and software at Kajabi. The position will report to the Chief Information Officer, in Irvine, California.
The Impact you will make
- Educate developers on secure coding and development practices
- Assist with training and advice to Kajabi employees around security best practices
- Develop, document, and update security & compliance policies
- Offer technical research, evidence, insight, and coordination in case of a data breach
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of internal and product systems
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Write postmortems including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and remediations for incidents
- Review AWS and other cloud-based systems for proper access control settings
- Coordinate and handle the technical aspects of copyright, privacy, and abuse requests with support and legal teams
- Support the CIO with the security and compliance needs of the organization as they arise
Attributes for Success
- Self-Starter – ability to execute and self manage work time
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- Passion – for Kajabi’s mission
- Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical
- Goal-Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly
- Ability to operate independently of a large staff
- Experience – Deep background working on security & compliance with both internal and product development teams.
Bonus If You Have
- Development background
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Fully paid health insurance and dental insurance for self and family.
- Fitness Incentives Package
- Company 401k matching up to federal maximum
- Company Funded Headspace Account
- Company Funded Audible Account
- Funded HSA account
- Duck Dining (office food, beverages, and the ability to request items) - Priceless
- Casual Dress
Educational opportunities will be offered for the Security & Compliance Engineer at the discretion of the CEO/President, and could include participating in a mentorship program, training to further specific career goals, books or digital content to supplement education and attendance at conferences areas of interest and impact for Kajabi’s overall goals and your desired career goals.
The Security & Compliance Engineer will meet weekly with the Chief Information Officer to catch up and discuss their role. The goal of these meetings is to identify areas where the company and individuals can improve, what areas they’re needing more guidance on, and where the Kajabi leadership team can lend time or resources to help meet goals. It’s also a time to discuss specific expectations and discuss any areas of concern you may have about your job or your team.
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.