As a UX Developer at Kajabi, you'll join a cross-functional product team of frontend and backend devs, qa and product specialsts and take ownership over the feature development, maintenance, and delivery of a slice of our core application.
Achieving a good user experience is the result of thoughtful execution of both visual design and code. The responsibility for delivering on this goal does not lie within one discipline or the other, but somewhere in between. Therefore, the people writing the HTML and CSS need to care about the quality of the final design as much as the designers do. It is for this reason that we have the position at Kajabi of the UX Developer.
About the job
UX Developers own the frontend code at Kajabi. They’re a bridge between designers and engineers, translating design requirements into functional user interfaces.
They inform design of possibilities and constraints and help ensure that designers build a consistent and usable interface for as many users as possible.
They have a developer mindset with concerns about render performance and load times and can work with engineering to build out a performant front-end.
The UX Developer must also have the ability to architect and organize a large CSS framework used to power our Design System at Kajabi. (Think Bootstrap, but customized for our products). Our Design System provides the core components that make up the UI of our product. This tool keeps our products consistent for users, and makes it easy for designers, PMs and engineers to build interfaces without writing CSS or JS. This also makes it possible for our UX Developers to quickly create usable, product ready, interfaces without needing pixel perfect design comps from our Design Team.
We are looking for experienced professionals who live in HTML and CSS because they have a deep passion for creating the interfaces that power great applications. You understand that having a dedicated member of the team who focuses on the UI is an essential part of a healthy development culture.
Some key statements that describe you are as follows:
- You understand UX principles and best practices, but at your core you are an implementor therefore you do not spend your time conducting research, creating flows, and planning scenarios.
- You have a keen eye for aesthetics, but understand that when it comes to creating the best possible design you defer to the designer.
- You have the ability to write clean and reusable HTML and CSS and a desire to architect and maintain a robust Design System.
- You know the value of version control and have experience working with a team utilizing both Git and GitHub
- You have experience not only creating good code but reviewing the code of others and effectively communicating areas of improvement.
- You have worked in a SAAS environment and understand the concepts of an MVC application (Preferably Ruby on Rails ).
- You have 3+ years experience in creating and maintaining the front end of an application.
- What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary
- New laptop, peripherals and sit/stand desk
- Free Headspace & Audible accounts
- Free training resources
- Flexible vacation policy
- Flexible hours
- Ability to work from home
- On-site community space and bike share
- 401k option with 6% match
- Fully-paid health benefits for you and your family
- HSA contributions
- Fitness incentives using IncentFit
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Nitro cold brew coffee and Kombucha on tap
How to apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and:
Include this role's title in your subject line. Send along any links that best showcase your experience, like your portfolio, Github profile, LinkedIn, blog posts or other writing samples. Tell us why you're interested in joining our team at Kajabi.
“Kajabi is an extremely unique and rewarding place where I’m given the freedom and responsibility to do the best work of my life!”