Kajabi empowers entrepreneurs, experts and influencers who are serious about their business to achieve success online. With its robust set of continuously expanding tools and features, Kajabi’s all-in-one platform leads the industry. Kajabi has helped users in 120 countries serve 41 million students to make over 1 billion dollars in sales. Kajabi brings the heart to the tech and encourages online business owners to make a difference. Based in Irvine, California, Kajabi was founded by Kenny Rueter in 2010. Learn more at kajabi.com.
Vice President of Marketing
The VP of Marketing role will be a critical part of the leadership team and the overall company culture, reporting to the President. The VP of Marketing is responsible for all of our brand, media channels, online and offline, and marketing technology. You will use these assets to drive the acquisition, activation, ascension, monetization, retention and revenue goals for the company.
- Evolve and lead a high performing marketing team who will partner with other key business teams to achieve strategic goals including acquisition, activation, ascension, monetization and retention.
- Lead the vision for marketing strategy including launches, collateral, customer communications online campaigns and multimedia.
- Help refine brand positioning based on deep understanding of the company’s ideal customer types.
- Leverage customer research (quantity and quality) to provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning.
- Partner closely with the communication, creative, and product teams to develop our growth plans and marketing investment strategies.
- Develop a strategy for customer acquisition, retention, monetization and reactivation that balances investing in mature, high-performing channels with testing emerging channels.
- Test and provide proactive insights and analysis on strategic challenges and new marketing opportunities.
- Develop a holistic view of our customer lifecycle and how growth can positively impact that lifecycle.
- Lead the vision for marketing technology and how that will drive growth for the long term.
- Possess the presence and intellectual strength to influence and align internal partners. around marketing and go-to-market strategies in a product-led company.
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy.
- Drive a “lean startup” style environment of constant experimentation and learning.
Attributes for Success
- Self-Starter – ability to execute and implement change
- Data driven – ability to ground marketing decisions in a data framework
- Passion – for Kajabi’s mission
- Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical
- Leadership – easily move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and controlling work being done
- Hands On – willing to put in the work to ensure the details happen
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives; Excellent consulting skills as well as technical writing and public speaking
- Professional – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident; Able to operate independently of a large staff
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Fully paid health insurance and dental insurance for self and family
- Fitness Incentives Package
- Company 401k matching up to federal maximum
- Company Funded Headspace Account
- Company Funded Audible Account
- Funded HSA account
- Duck Dining (office food, beverages, and the ability to request items)
Educational opportunities will be offered for the VP of Marketing at the discretion of the President, and could include participating in a mentorship program, training to further specific career goals, books or digital content to supplement education, and attendance at conferences areas of interest and impact for Kajabi’s overall goals and VP’s desired career goals.
VP of Marketing will meet weekly with the President to catch up and discuss their role. The goal of these meetings is to identify areas where the company and individuals can improve, what areas they’re needing more guidance on, and where the Kajabi leadership team can lend time or resources to help meet goals. It’s also a time to discuss specific expectations and discuss any areas of concern you may have about your job or your team.
How to Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and: - Include this role's title in your subject line. - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, like your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts or other writing samples. - Tell us why you're interested in joining our team at Kajabi.
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.